Monday, April 21, 2014

A thought about vintage

Here's a quote from one of my recent posts. It's been stuck in my head ever since I wrote it... So here it is in a "pin-able" format:


Silly, I know. 
Things have not been very sane the past week here. On Thursday I got the stomach flu out of nowhere. 8 hours later it hit Kit. Luckily Ivy was spared from the mayhem. By Saturday morning Kit was pretty much better, but of course my immune system hates me and takes forever to recuperate. It's Monday and I still haven't eaten a full meal. Blech. The whole Easter weekend is a blur. I can't tell what was a dream and what really took place. As far as I'm concerned, nothing took place. I haven't been that "unavailable" in a long time. Here's a few things I do know: 

I know my mom held my hair out of my face for 6 hours because I insisted she do it. Kit finally sent her home around 11pm. God bless them. 

I know that it's essential to remind your dear hubby that you have to add vinegar to the Easter egg dye, after your little one has torn up the instructions. 

I know that the church Easter dance went on as planned and Ivy did awesome! 


I now know that ivy doesn't like jelly beans, as that is the only candy I put in her Easter basket. 

I know that I bought ivy toothpaste and mouthwash for her Easter basket while I was at the pharmacy getting anti-nausea meds. And she LOVED it. (The mouthwash, not the meds). 

I know that Ivy might not believe in the Easter bunny anymore because when she got the mouth wash, she said, "Dad said YOU got me mouthwash."

I know that I'm surrounded by people who love me because even though I didn't do a thing this weekend, Easter still happened, Christ is Risen, and I've got two smiling faces surrounding me. 


Aloha, Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!