Friday, July 4, 2014

How To Tie Your Boho Head Wrap

I'm in love with boho style head accessories. That's why I started making my own boho head wraps. Many of you have bought them from my Etsy shop, at various craft fairs I've been at, or from Cru Kauai. But, whenever I give them as gifts to my friends, the question always stands, "So how do I wear it?" Let me clarify that for you today. There's actually a ton of ways you can wear it:

How to tie a boho bohemian head wrap band turban style

You can wrap it around your head once, twice. Tie it at the nape of the neck, tie it on top of the head, on the side of the head, tuck the ends in… the opportunities are endless. Most recently, I've heard of women tying my boho's around their waists over a dress and tucking the long ends in! 

But today, let's go over the basic way of tying your boho.

How to tie a boho bohemian head wrap band turban style
1. Place the center of the wrap just above your forehead. Bangs can be left out, or tucked in.


How to tie a boho bohemian head wrap band turban style2. Cross the two long ends at the nape of your neck.

How to tie a boho bohemian head wrap band turban style3. Bring those ends back to the top of your head.

4. Tie the ends in a knot on the top of your head.
How to tie a boho bohemian head wrap band turban styleHow to tie a boho bohemian head wrap band turban style

How to tie a boho bohemian head wrap band turban styleHow to tie a boho bohemian head wrap band turban style

How to tie a boho bohemian head wrap band turban style5. Keep your hair (long or short) tucked in the back of the boho, or pull it out so it hangs long over the back of the boho. For longer styles, you can start by doing step 2 under all your hair. For short hair, it works better to pull it out at the end.
Since all of my boho head wraps are reversible, 
I love how you get to see each fabric print by tying it this way. 

So, let's review the basic way to tie your boho:

How to tie a boho bohemian head wrap band turban style

Here are the boho's I currently have available in my Etsy shop for $22. I'm always adding new ones, and if you have a custom request, I'd love to make it happen! Click here to see these boho's in the shop.

How to tie a boho bohemian head wrap band turban style

Start rocking your boho and send/tag me in pics! 
You could be featured on the Ivy & Co. Instagram or Facebook page. 

HINT: I suggest you follow me on Instagram because I've been doing flash sales for my Etsy products, and they're going for less than my Etsy list price!!

Tutorial photos by Ajja Photography.

Aloha, 
Rebecca

28 comments:

  1. I must say...you rock the boho head wrap for sure!! Thanks for sharing at Show & Share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need this. I have dreadlocks and wear headbands quite often, but I get bored. These are cute, cute ideas. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! It would look awesome with dreadlocks.

      Delete
  3. To get a higher exposure for your products or personality, being active on social media just like Twitter is important these days. here you can buy twitter followers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you sell a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  5. From the pictures, it looks like there is velcro on the ends. Can you tell me if this is so. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your step-by-step guide on tying a boho head wrap is fantastic. The creative and stylish techniques you've shared add a unique touch to personal fashion. Game Share Way Your expertise in accessorizing demonstrates your flair.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!