Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Vintage Aquariums - my new obsession

I was at my grandma's house last week looking at her home decor magazines and came across this photo:


This image has been stuck in my head ever since! How awesome is a vintage aquarium?! It just took me back to another time... another world... and I thought, "Wow, people of old wanted to enjoy fish back then too!" I know. I'm crazy. Most people would never think that way. I do. I tore out the photo from the magazine (sorry Grandma) and keep taking a peak at it. 

Maybe it takes me back to a few movies I loved in high school. Remember this scene from Romeo and Juliet? Unforgettable.


The Great Expectations remake in 1998 with Gwyneth Paltrow and Ethan Hawke also comes to mind. I can't spot any vintage aquariums in any photos from the movie, but I envision them in there somewhere, haha. I have no idea why I liked that movie. I can remember walking across the highway to Premiere Video and renting it. I was 14. 



There's not a ton of info about vintage/antique aquariums online. Here's a few I found that aren't round:



I like these ones too.


I still can't get the original one I found out of my head! I want one! I don't know where it would go in my 700 sq ft cottage, but I'd find a place! We don't need a dining table, right?


Aloha, Rebecca


2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I like it! It reminds me of the Titanic for some reason. Get a little mini one and put it on the dining room table lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are some neat aquariums! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!