Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Leoda's Kitchen & Pie Shop - Olowalu, Maui

This post is not about food. Kind of not.
Have you eaten at Leoda's Kitchen & Pie Shop yet? 



It's in Olowalu, (on the way to Lahaina, Maui), in the old Chez Paul restaurant, right next to the Olowalu General Store. 


We've gone a few afternoons after surfing. The first time, I was in awe at the interior design. Okay, I was in awe the second time too! This place is adorable. The perfect mix of country cottage and industrial classy-ness. I would live in this restaurant.


Look at those gorgeous minty/aqua overhead lamps hanging above the ordering counter. 


And this pallet wall! To die for!


Of course, they are a pie shop, so their display of yummy pies is worth staring at. Ask Ivy.


Apparently they won the 'Aipono Award 2012 for Best Dessert. They got Silver for Best Carryout.

When dining in, they serve their food on old pie tins, with parchment paper or something on top. How clever?



I kept forgetting to take pics of our food before we ate it, but it was just too good! Kit and I get the Club sandwich, and Ivy's been getting grilled cheese. This is my only photo of the actual meal. I guess I focused way too much on the ambience!

I am in love with the artwork on the walls:

The vintage photos on the bathroom are perfect. I feel like I'm visiting someone's grandma's house in Wailuku Heights.

I'm loving this self-serve hutch. I want it in my home.

The seating is just gorgeous. Grey tables with wooden benches and chairs. 

Clever menu on an old cart.

Go check them out! Tell me what you think about them. The food, and the decor. :)

Aloha, Rebecca, Kit and Ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!