Friday, May 23, 2014

Black-Washed Antique Side Table

As of May 4, my work schedule slowed down immensely. I've been pumping out furniture pieces during this down time. If you've been following for some time, you know that this year I've been obsessed with painting things black. 
(Click here and here and here and here and here to see what I mean). 
Well, here's another one for you. 

black wash antique side table vintage miss mustard seed typewriter 3 legs

I first introduced you to this little antique table in this post:
http://www.ivy-and-co.com/2012/08/upcycled-shutter.html

It was just simple wood. This little corner of my house is funny shaped, and eventually I found the perfect spindly corner bookshelf to put here and store all our books. Click here to see that post.

corner shelf book shelf grey

black wash antique side table vintage miss mustard seed typewriter 3 legsSo the little antique table floated around the house, until finally I was ready to part with it. I've seen this exact same piece painted in bright crazy colors, like turquoise and red, but that isn't really my style. 

black wash antique side table vintage miss mustard seed typewriter 3 legsSo I decided to "black-wash" it. 


black wash antique side table vintage miss mustard seed typewriter 3 legs

I used my go-to black: Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint in Typewriter

black wash antique side table vintage miss mustard seed typewriter 3 legsblack wash antique side table vintage miss mustard seed typewriter 3 legs

black wash antique side table vintage miss mustard seed typewriter 3 legsI painted the whole thing, and then sanded it off, heavier in some places to show that great wood underneath. 

black wash antique side table vintage miss mustard seed typewriter 3 legs

I finished it with a coat of Miss Mustard Seed Furniture Wax. Of course, all her products are VOC-free. 

black wash antique side table vintage miss mustard seed typewriter 3 legs

It sold already, to a lady in a red shirt, via Craigslist. 

black wash antique side table vintage miss mustard seed typewriter 3 legs

Aloha, Rebecca


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!