Saturday, August 9, 2014

Garage Sale Finds - 7.12.14

I love going to garage sales. I went with my mom a bunch this summer. Here's what I found on one of those weekends:

garage sale finds treasures deals in Maui Hawaii

-2 galvanized tins - 50 cents each
-dry shampoo - free (I think the girl having the sale was my high school classmate)
-champagne gold American Apparel bike shorts - $1
-East Coast nautical maps - $1
-metal/glass terrarium - $15… it was actually from a business sale, hence the higher price. 

I got this antique pie safe at the same sale. It's a beast. We don't need to talk about the price on this one... 

garage sale finds treasures deals in Maui Hawaii antique pie safe

I have yet to refurbish it. It's currently sitting outside dodging hurricanes. Literally. Eek!

garage sale finds treasures deals in Maui Hawaii antique pie safegarage sale finds treasures deals in Maui Hawaii antique pie safe

This is me, in my car, trying to get it home (on Maui). The pie safe fit like a glove. Look how close it is to my head as I sat in the driver's seat! 
garage sale finds treasures deals in Maui Hawaii antique pie safe

garage sale finds treasures deals in Maui Hawaii antique pie safeI also convinced a guy to give me just one side of an old crib for $5. I've been looking for one side for months! I can't believe he went for it. I'm going to make a bunting rack out of it. So stoked. Oh, and the yard stick was $1. 

garage sale finds treasures deals in Maui Hawaii nautical mapsAren't these nautical maps great?! I don't know what I'm going to do with them, but it's going to be great!

garage sale finds treasures deals in Maui Hawaii nautical maps

Did you go garage sale-ing today? What treasures did you find?

Aloha, Rebecca

1 comment:

  1. Nice haul! Love the way the pie safe fit in your vehicle. My sister-in-law somehow fit a table and four chairs in her HONDA!! Where there is a will there is a way.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!