Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A Washtub and Some Fall Gardening

A few days ago I told my husband that I wanted to put flowers in this old washtub I got at my parents' garage sale. Kit has such a green thumb. He can grow and keep anything alive! Lo and behold, two days later he told me he was going to the nursery to pick me up some flowers. How cute is that? When he got home we got to business. Ivy filled the bigger pots with rocky soil so they wouldn't get root rot.




Then they put the flowers and good soil in the pots. 
And yes, Ivy is in her underwear most of the time. 


Then they put the flowers in the old washtub.


This was our dog, Godiva's contribution:

Kit put them on our bench (see the bench post here) and watered them in the scorching Maui heat 


And that's what we like to do on our days off. :)

Isn't this tub cute? Perfectly vintage, if you ask me. It makes me happy every time I pull up to our house. 

Aloha,
Rebecca

11 comments:

  1. Oh that looks lovely, I have a metal drinks holder which looks similar I've been thinking of turning into a herb garden, but the flowers look so much prettier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the bright colors of flowers... but herbs are much more functional :)

      Delete
  2. I love this project! I'd love it if you'd join me on my T.G.I.F. Linky Party that I host every Thursday evening - Sunday.
    http://www.craftjunkietoo.com/2012/09/tgif-linky-party-65.html

    Hugs,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I link to yours, if you link to mine (wink wink)

      http://jedandivy.blogspot.com/2012/09/aloha-friday-link-party-3.html

      Delete
  3. Great project...it would make me smile too!

    Thanks for linking up with us @ Keep Calm & Link Up this week. We're thrilled you chose to join our party! Can't wait to see what you link up next week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love the sign ; ) Thanks for linking up at Super Sweet Sunday
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great repurpose. I am going to remember this for next spring. Thanks for sharing on Tout It Tuesday! Hope to see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily in Hawaii we don't really have seasons... :) Thanks for hosting the party!

      Delete

Talk to me!