Friday, July 5, 2013

DIY Herringbone Rug


One morning I looked out at the rug at the bottom of our stairs and realized it was in sad shape.  I think at one time it had some kind of tropical landscape on it, but there was so much dirt, there was no telling what it had been. I was about to chuck it in the trash, when I had an idea. 


After hosing it off and laying it out to dry in the sun, I came back the next day and began to tape out a herringbone pattern. There was a teeny tiny bit of measuring involved, but not much. 


I looked in our spray paint stash and alternated using some mint Krylon and some gold metallic.


I think if you looked around our gravel driveway, you'd find a plethora of colored rocks... 
mint... gold... purple... blue... white... red... black... 


Take off the tape, and oila!


All pau! Simple solution to what some would say is a silly problem. 
After all, rugs are supposed to be dirty, right? 
Well, not mine. I like them clean and pretty. 


Aloha, Rebecca


2 comments:

  1. Oh what a great idea! I will be doing mine this next week! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. great save on the rug. I love how spray paint can easily transform a piece and give it a second life. .

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!