Friday, October 4, 2013

In Hawaii, we Upcycle Ukuleles

Ok. Honestly, I'm the only one that I know of who has upcycled an ukulele in Hawaii. 
Or anywhere, for that matter. 

You see, one day Kit came home with a  a really nice ukulele. 

That's great and all, but Ivy is 3 and just wanted to bang that thing!
She really needed a junk ukulele that she could go to town on.

 I found this gem at a garage sale. The ukulele, not Ivy.
 Yes, that's a Super Why sticker on it. It's covering a hole. These things are a dime a dozen at every ABC Store.


Don't forget the Thomas the Train sticker on the back.

I covered the knobs in tape, and kilzed it. (See the hole?)


A little paint, modge podge and some fabric, and oila!







It sounds terrible, but she can drop it, bang it, or pretend to be a Hawaiian pop star and no one can scold her. :)

Aloha, Rebecca

4f47350a395f4500d88cd78228b4dc305eb787cbe241a2e2f3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!