Sunday, January 29, 2012

What Is It... unveiled... SHILOH

Finally... it's my day off, so I can do a substantial post. Here's the answer to the photo I posted a few days back:


Well... it's a WOODEN MIRROR, 
and what you see here is caulking to fill in drill holes, 
and blue painter's tape. 


 I picked the mirror up at a garage sale, for $2! It's a pretty good size, too. About 1.5' x 3'.



 I sanded it down... 

 
...then to get the blue stripe, I first painted this crazy aqua metallic blue across it... let it dry...
then put two widths of blue painter's tape over the blue.

Then I painted the whole thing in the color "Shiloh." Shiloh is this paint my sister-in-law brought home one day from the reject pile at Home Depot or Lowe's or something. It is now my absolute favorite color in the world. I think the name "Shiloh" (meaning 'peace') makes me believe having this color around me will bring me peace... btw- PEACE is the 3rd Fruit of the Spirit... ask Ivy). 

I loved this color so much, I had my sis-in-law paint an antique sewing machine table (that my husband picked up for $25 at Salvation Army) for me and I absolutely love it:


(green knobs are from Urban Outfitters, the metal pulls are the originals)


Anyway... back to the mirror.
It came out like this: 


I put it up in our bedroom, next to my side of the bed:






By the way, the jewelry box on the right was my grandmother's. She passed away last March, and this jewelry box was something we bonded over whenever I would visit her. We'd empty the whole thing out, and she would tell me all about each piece of jewelry and let me try it all on. It's really special to me, and so neat because now Ivy climbs up onto my bed and empties the whole thing out, and loves to try everything on. 



 Not the best lighting... but hey, it was taken with my iPhone... cause that's the easiest thing for me to document my life with.

On another note, here's a picture of the rug down below, which PERFECTLY matches this Shiloh color I love so much...



The rug is also from Urban Outfitters... as is the bed spread and the white jewelry hanger on the wall. The lamp and shade are from Walmart (can you believe that?!). And the dresser was my mom's when she was a little girl. So special. Oh, and the boots are from the Old Navy kids section... they're grey with pink zippers.

Okay, that's my post!

3 comments:

  1. of course like your web site but you need to take a look
    at the spelling on several of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling
    issues and I find it very bothersome to inform the reality then again
    I'll definitely come again again.
    Feel free to surf my blog link liberation review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted
    to give a quick shout out and tell you I truly enjoy reading
    through your articles. Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same topics?
    Thank you!
    My web page cheap shopping

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I know this is kinda off topic however I'd figured I'd ask.
    Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest
    writing a blog article or vice-versa? My blog goes over a lot of
    the same subjects as yours and I think we could greatly benefit from each other.

    If you're interested feel free to shoot me an email. I look forward to hearing from you! Great blog by the way!

    My homepage ... http://www.stlab.dsi.unifi.it

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!