Monday, January 30, 2012

It's in the mail...

A few weeks back, my husband's mom requested a custom order of bunting 
(which you can do on my Etsy page!

Here was her request: 
-circular
-army green (I translated that to mean "olive")
-peach

Well, I had no olive and all the peach I had had some blue with it. Needless to say, I started collecting. Here's what transpired:




I work EVERY SATURDAY, with the exception of maybe 4-5 Saturdays a year. I was able to go to my first garage sale in ages on New Years Eve. I didn't expect much, since it was a holiday, but I ran across this AWESOME sale with a ton of old napkins. I cut this one up and showcased the adorable flower in the corner: 



 I love the Hawaiiana feel of this green fabric. It's like a quilt.


Little does she know, but I actually bought this whimsical fabric with the trees and snails and birds for Cailin! Then I realized it had olive and peach in it... so I could use it for mom's project too. :)


This adorable strawberry vine vintage fabric is another garage sale find from a garage sale I was able to go to on my last Saturday off, back in August. I love the colors!


And I've been using this pink/white one in the middle for tons of projects. It's a little thin, but still awesome. It's actually from this old women's nightgown from the 70s.... The nightgown is literally getting shorter and shorter as I cut piece after piece off of it.


I'm pretty stoked on this project, and can't wait for my mother-in-law to get it!




--Becca

1 comment:

  1. I can't say I like the colors, even though the fabrics are cute. What I really like is that it's made of half circles instead of triangles. I love the way it looks like scallops. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!