Monday, January 30, 2012

Valentine's Day Bunting

I've never really done any V-Day decor... so this year I decided to do something. One thing, to be exact. Bunting is the theme of my holiday season, so let's have it usher us into February's holidays as well. 

I wanted to do a different set of bunting then the triangle and circular ones I've been doing like these:





So I made a different template. (All my "templates/patterns" are made out of magazine covers.)


I also wanted a heart on some of the hanging portions, so I made a heart template too. 


 I chose some awesome pinks, whites, reds and even a yellow fabric... and started cutting.


Then I sewed the hearts on some of the pieces.

Then sewed the actual pieces inside out, then ironed them.


And here's how the pieces turned out:


I wanted to hang it on something different, so I threaded some twine through it. Here's the finished product:





--Becca

3 comments:

  1. I love the banner style of your bunting! it makes me want to make one but I already have too many sewing projects going. I think I'll have to bookmark this for next year or Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!