Thursday, March 22, 2012

Ribbon Bracelets

At work I have student captains who help me out with the younger kids. They're awesome and I really appreciate their help. This past Spring Break dance camp I had TWELVE of these captains, which is the most I've ever had! They're volunteering their time, so I like to give them a gift at the end of the week. I've resorted to making them something special and one-of-a-kind. 

I made ribbon bracelets for them. 


Materials:
-bias tape
-various widths of ribbon/rick-rack
-sewing machine
-button
-hair elastic


I wanted them to wrap around twice, so I measured it around my wrist that way. Then I secured each side with a strip of bias tape. I put a small hair elastic through one of the bias tapes before sewing. I sewed a button on the other bias tape end. 




 Here's two of my captains modeling the ones they chose. 




Simple gift. Took me about 3 hours to do all 12. The end. 

Aloha, Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!