Thursday, March 22, 2012

Jack Johnson vs. Bob Marley

I got this t-shirt dress from a mall kiosk in 2006. It was pretty reggae-licious. Plus side: it's American Apparel.


You can tell from how insanely wrinkled it is, it has been stuffed in my PJ drawer since about 2008. 


Icing on the cake: Bob Marley is on the lower right butt cheek area.


That same year, I got this awesome tee. 


Unlike the black dress, I actually still LOVE this garment. But it was worn soooo many times, it's just about worn out. It's been stuffed in my t-shirt drawer since about 2010.


"In Between Dreams." This really was a great concert. Kokua Fest days. I miss them. But I'm sooooo stoked I'm going to his concert on my birthday this year!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully I can score a new shirt. 

Why am I blogging about old shirts? Well, I've had this idea for a while. I love the black American Apparel dress, but I hate the red, yellow, green screen print. I love this Jack Johnson screen print, but I hate the worn out shirt it sits upon.


A couple of snips and few stitches later.......







Oila! Good bye Bob Marley. Hello Jack Johnson. 


I wore it to work on Tuesday with my new black Toms and it was a hit among my 13 year olds. Success? Jack wins. Sorry Bob. 

Aloha, Becca

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awsome piece of information, I had come to know about your website from my friend vinod, indore,i have read atleast seven posts of yours by now, and let me tell you, your blog gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just the kind of information that i had been looking for, i'm already your rss reader now and i would regularly watch out for the new posts, once again hats off to you! Thanks a ton once again, Regards, bob marley quotes

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!