Thursday, March 22, 2012

Jack Johnson vs. Bob Marley

I got this t-shirt dress from a mall kiosk in 2006. It was pretty reggae-licious. Plus side: it's American Apparel.


You can tell from how insanely wrinkled it is, it has been stuffed in my PJ drawer since about 2008. 


Icing on the cake: Bob Marley is on the lower right butt cheek area.


That same year, I got this awesome tee. 


Unlike the black dress, I actually still LOVE this garment. But it was worn soooo many times, it's just about worn out. It's been stuffed in my t-shirt drawer since about 2010.


"In Between Dreams." This really was a great concert. Kokua Fest days. I miss them. But I'm sooooo stoked I'm going to his concert on my birthday this year!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully I can score a new shirt. 

Why am I blogging about old shirts? Well, I've had this idea for a while. I love the black American Apparel dress, but I hate the red, yellow, green screen print. I love this Jack Johnson screen print, but I hate the worn out shirt it sits upon.


A couple of snips and few stitches later.......







Oila! Good bye Bob Marley. Hello Jack Johnson. 


I wore it to work on Tuesday with my new black Toms and it was a hit among my 13 year olds. Success? Jack wins. Sorry Bob. 

Aloha, Becca

1 comment:

Talk to me!