Sunday, June 3, 2012

Fabric Buckets

In April I made my first fabric bucket off the tutorial from www.inspiredbyfamilymag.com. It turned out so cute (see it here), and I've been dying to make some more. So last night I started cutting out felt (what I use instead of interfacing) and fabrics. I wanted one for Ivy's room, one to send to Cailin, and one to give to a friend who is having a baby girl (shout out to Julia from piranhamama.com)

Here's the one for Ivy's room:




Are you sick of this fabric yet? I'm not.

Here's the one for Cailin:





And here's the one for my friend's baby:



And her's comes with matching bunting :)



Check out her nursery (click here). I hope this stuff matches alright. :)


These are really easy to make and so nice to stuff random knick-knacks or baby wipes or remote controls or keys or cell phones or make-up or toys or... or... or... anything in! I'm thinking of making one in some neutral colors to stick next to the DVD player and stuff all the DVD cases in it. Random, I know.

I love how they look inside:



And yes, they're reversible. 
Last look:



Aloha, Rebecca



7 comments:

  1. I love these. I need to make a couple for my craft desk. I would love it if you would share this on my linky party Tout It Tuesday. http://www.claimingourspace.com/2012/06/tout-it-tuesday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the fabric on the first bucket!

    I sometimes use felt too instead of interfacing.

    Hope you can check out our blog:

    http://craftmatesetc.blogspot.ca/2012/06/tote-bag.html

    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look great, but I especially like the pink and yellow one.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!