Thursday, December 27, 2012

Hobo Nutcracker Gift Exchange

Working for a performing arts organization, it's no surprise my work Christmas gift exchange ended up with the theme: "Hobo Nutcracker." I was stoked on the name I pulled. It was our new Office Administrator whom I went to high school with. I knew I could make her some festive bunting, buy her some cute accessories, and put it all in a fabric bucket hung on a hobo stick. So here's what we ended up with:





I wanted it to be festive, but not "in-your-face" Christmas-ey." Color palette: red, white, cream, brown, yellow


I used some of my favorite fabrics. 
Stars. Peacock feathers. Faux burlap in red and brown.



I used the normal fabric bucket tutorial I always use, but added the ribbon loops for a larger ribbon to be threaded through, so it would have the "hobo" effect. 




And here's Ivy demonstrating the hobo portion. I love having spare bamboo lying around, for moments like this. After modeling it, Ivy insisted she have her own hobo stick. After listening to her beckon me for a hobo stick for 3 days, I finally gave in and made her one too. 
Hope you're having a wonderful holiday season!
Hau'oli maka hiki hou!

Aloha, Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. That is super creative! Love it! Aloha to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! And a great way to pack toys for a long day out of the house.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!