Thursday, April 25, 2013

I'm 30... Let's Party!

Welcome to Jed & Ivy's
Aloha Friday
Link Party #26!

It's a special one, cause today is my 30th birthday. I can't believe it. I've shed a few tears today because at random moments I keep thinking that my childhood is REALLY over now. (I don't know why the last 10 years somehow constitute a continuation of my childhood, but it keeps making me weepy.) Well, here's a few things I know, now that I'm 30:

1. Acne is not a symbol of one's youth. I still have it. It doesn't go away once you turn 20... or 30.
2. I won't always live paycheck to paycheck. With hard work and dedication, I am not a slave to debt and I actually have a savings account.
3. I only have one kid and a dog at this point in time, and I'm more than okay with that. 15 years ago, I envisioned my 30 year old self with 3 kids, a cat and a dog. Maybe some fish, too. OMG, I can't even imagine!
4. Life gets better after high school and college. No unnecessary early mornings. No tests or lengthy books to read. No pleasing instructors just to get a good grade. There is much more purpose in the real world than there is in that pseudo-world called "school." (However, I'm so very thankful for my B.A.)
5. Drinking lots of water, getting enough sleep and eating healthy food is essential for good health. No joke. 
6. I'm still dancing!
7. My face moisturizer costs more than a plate lunch, and I order it online. 
8. Stress makes you sick. Sick in more ways than you could imagine and in more ways than you care to experience. 
9. It's ok to miss church or work when I'm sick. I don't need to feel guilty about it. 
10. Parenting and marriage are the two most difficult activities I've ever participated in. 
11. Parenting and marriage are the two most rewarding activities I've ever participated in.
12. I love driving an SUV.



Pau Hana! 
It's the end of the week. Let's party!
DIY projects - Etsy products - Giveaways
Furniture Re-do's (my fave) - Sewing Tutorials - Inspiring Stories
By linking up, you're allowing me to feature your photos on this blog and pin them. 
Share the Aloha and visit some links!

Jed & Ivy
Jed & Ivy
Aloha,
Rebecca



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!