Sunday, June 9, 2013

Owens & Co in Honolulu

Last month I had a gig in Honolulu at Hawaii Theatre, so I got to walk around Chinatown a little bit during my breaks. I ran across this little shop, which was ironically called Owens & Co! It was adorable. I knew I needed to take photos and blog about it. So I asked permission from the shop owner's sis, and got some eye candy for ya!

You walk in the store and see a tree branch chandelier, and right underneath is a myriad of useful trinkets and pretty things you tell yourself you "have to have."

Many of the products are locally made, like this display of succulents from Lanikai Pot and Plant. Aren't those anchors on the bottom left adorable?


They sell Noho (vintage Hawaiian Chic Home Decor) dish cloths. I bet if I had these, I would have an easier time wanting to dry my dishes. :) Check out Noho's etsy shop here. They have such cute stuff!


I was thisclose to buying one of these collars for Godiva, especially since she was hit by a car one week earlier and was at home recovering from serious injuries :( 


I'm just in love with the way they displayed everything!


After himming and hawing for a good 10 minutes, I finally gave in and bought those notebooks below on the right. It's a 3-pack. It's helped me get back into journaling. I also got a thin rose gold pinky ring. It fits on my ring finger, haha.


Do you remember when I blogged about tassels a year ago? Haha, I had to take a picture of these tassels hanging from the tree, just because of my post. Again, everything is displayed so nicely!! Don't you love the yellow chevron curtains?!



Just love these Mahalo and Aloha cards!
It's the perfect non-cheesy Hawaiiana product!


 Isn't this chalkboard and ladder display awesome?! Makes me want to go raid some school's old storage closet!


Jewelry display...


The clothing was a little pricey for me to try anything on, but I had to sneak a pic of this gorgeous dressing room. Made me want to change my whole home decor to greige and red with wood accents!


Oh how I wanted these catchalls...


 They had a pretty neat shop front, right on the corner with those cool lamp posts. Perfect for when they're open on 1st Fridays!


If you are in the Chinatown Art District, go stop by!

Their address is:

Owens & Co
1152 Nuuanu Ave.
Honolulu, HI 96817
(808) 531-4300
www.owensandcompany.com



Aloha, Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!