It took me about 6 months to muster up the
I had some beige curtains left over from our dance studio on Kauai, which served as the top and bottom of the pouf. I've had this turquoise/brown tweed looking cotton material that I love from the Maui Quilt Shop around the corner from my house. I used that for the sides. I felt like it needed some kind of handle, so I used some thick off-white ribbon near the corner of one side.
It turned out fine. But just that... fine. It's not perfect.
The tweed side material bunches and looks baggy when you sit on it.
See the wrinkles up above? Well I made a layered opening on the bottom so you could take the insert out for washing, but it was sooooo hard to get in the opening! Those wrinkles are from all the tugging.
I have no desire to make one of these again. However, I'm actually really glad Ajja asked me to make it. Now I don't have to wonder! You see, I pinned these ottoman poufs, thinking they'd be super easy to make:
Look how simple mine is in comparison, and I had a hard time making it through to completion!
The good thing is, Ajja is happy with her's, and I'm glad... but I'm also happier knowing that I don't want to make one of these again. In my imaginary store that I open one day, I won't be adding "Ottoman Pouf's made by Yours Truly" to the inventory. Now I can sleep at night.
But... if we were good friends... and you asked me to make one for you... I probably would :)