Saturday, June 22, 2013

Clothes Pins - Fabric Strips and Vintage Buttons

I like pretty things. Who doesn't? I don't like spending $4.99 on 'chip clips' or 'good grips' or any other overpriced gadget to keep your snack bags closed. I just use clothes pins. Chips, crackers, frozen veggies, bags of rice, cereal... in my house you'll find clothes pins sealing them shut. But not just any clothespin... a pretty clothespin.


One Sunday afternoon I got tired of the bare wood look. 
I dug out my modge podge and some fabric scraps and beautified these babies. 


Then, an unexpected package arrived from my aunt in LA. It's the same aunt who gave me the vintage train case I upcycled, (click here to see that post), and the same aunt who lives in the awesome cottage I blogged about a while back, (click here to see that post.)

Vintage buttons!

Out came the glue gun and oila!


It's the little things that make life fun and pretty. 
Do you do anything simple like this that just brings a smile to your face every time you see/use it?


Aloha, Rebecca

5 comments:

  1. Very, very cute! I haven't used buttons on clothespins, before; but I have used washi tape and my own fabric tape on some of the smaller size pins to use with buntings and wreaths -- the pins are cute anyway, but jazzing them up is just so much better. You got some wonderful buttons from your Aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca,

    I just saw the buttons on the clothes pins, and stopped short! Only you could find a way to use them!

    Also, loved the industrial chair. My post office has one sitting outside, holding a door to the warehouse, open, probably circa 1960's, with a blue vinyl/leather? It's behind a tall barb-wired fence, which I've thought of scaling, and "rescuing"...(of course I'd send it to you) but could just see the headlines, "64 Year-Old Granny Steals Gov't Property".
    Love,
    Aunt Jaymee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone might have said right "There is no end of creative thinking". Your mind is generator of million ideas, it only depends how good you can do with your mind and ideas. Your work is good Rebecca, liked it. I was looking for some creative ideas that i can use to make little thing for my home decor, and I'm so glad that I found good creativity. Thanks for sharing the idea, I'm surely gonna use it for my home decor.

    Reference : http://www.northcroftfabrics.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!