Sunday, December 22, 2013

Statements - Whimsical Gifts & Decor - Arkansas

On my trip to Arkansas earlier this month, I stumbled into this spunky shop called Statements.

After perusing every square inch of the shop for a good 15 minutes, I finally pulled my eyes away from all the eye-candy, and introduced myself to Allison, the woman behind Statements. She is just a doll. I could have talked to her for hours. She's lived in Conway for 13 years and before owning her own shop she was a buyer. She has a clear vision for Statements service of home decor products, and I think it can be summed up in the following quote from her:

"A lot of people are scared of color and I think when you come in here, you'll see that really all colors go together just fine. There's nothing to be afraid of. What could you possibly do to mess it up?"

This was the first product to catch my eye when I walked in. Paper place mats! Gorgeous patterns to choose from. 


Kit and I both had clock envy for all of these.



The industrial baskets on the left are totally what I'm into right now. 
And I couldn't NOT get a photo of this scalloped lamp shade.

This cart is something I would want in my house, ASAP. I'd be pushing that cart to and from the washer and dryer like it was nobody's business. What's better than silver and orange? Industrial perfection, is what I call it.

The ornaments and pom pom garland are so colorful and whimsical.



Allison is constantly on the lookout for new trends. 
In our conversation about Christmas Tree decor, she said, 

"I broke up with 'deco-mesh' about 4 years ago. I wanted to come up with something different and attainable." 

And take a look at what she found: Deco Flex Tubing. I've never seen anything like it! The neon colors are so fun, and look down below how she uses it on neon trees! Much brighter and cheerier than deco mesh.

In the words of Allison, "It's always fun to have a yellow tree."

 Clearly she has such a great eye for color. There's literally something for everyone in this shop.


I absolutely love the way she displays her products. That bed is just too fun.
Of course Allison addressed the issue that all DIY-ers and home decor guru's face:
"There's a few people who would say, 'Oh, I could make that.' 
I always say to them, 'Giddy-up, send me a picture when you do.'"

I think that's the best use of "giddy-up" I've ever heard.
Thank you, Allison for sharing your shop with us.
If any of you are in Conway, Arkansas, check her out!


Statements
923 Front St.
Conway, Arkansas 72032
(501) 205-1880

Mon - Thu10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Fri - Sat10:00 am - 8:00 pm


And how cute is Conway?

Aloha, Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!