Monday, March 31, 2014

Custom Order via Instagram

I recently received a request for a custom order from Corning, New York. It was for: 

10 child's head bands
20 adult head bands, and 
20 boho head wraps

 I had complete creative liberty, so it was fun to go come up with 50 different combinations of fabric! That's right, no two head bands/wraps were made alike. Different fabric combos, different thread colors, everything. Here's what 50 head bands/wraps look like:

how to use instagram for sales head bands

how to use instagram for sales head bandsShe gave me about 30 days to complete the order, which was totally do-able. Looking back, I can't believe how many I made. But it was so fun! 
Here's my top picks for the boho head wraps:

how to use instagram for sales rik rak head bandhow to use instagram for sales head band

how to use instagram for sales floral boho head band

As I develop my style, I notice that I definitely prefer to use one vintage floral fabric with 1 geometric or subtle fabric. 

Here's my top picks for the child head bands. That center one is made up of little hearts!
how to use instagram for sales head band

And here are my favorite adult head bands: 

how to use instagram for sales head band

These will be sold at:

Mint Velvet Vintage and Antiques 
24 E Market Street
Corning, NY 
14830

Within that store, they are sold by Jess Harrison, also known as vendor 'DwP'.
To follow Mint Velvet Vintage and Antiques on Facebook, click here.
To follow Jess on Instagram, click here.

THANK GOODNESS FOR INSTAGRAM!
This whole project actually came about via instagram! Jess and I began following each other on IG I featured her on my #friday 4. (Click here to see the pic that made this all happen). and she noticed my headbands. She went to my Etsy shop and inquired about a bulk order, and the rest is history! If you're in the Corning area, go buy some! If you're not, you could always head to my Etsy shop to see which head bands we have in stock. 

GIVEAWAY!
Also, I'm having a giveaway on my Facebook page right now for $25 to my Etsy shop and a $10 Starbucks gift card. Click here to enter! It's super easy to enter.

Have an awesome Monday!
Aloha, Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!