Saturday, March 8, 2014

Kitchen Sink Green Smoothie

kitchen sink green smoothie on tableI drink smoothies year-round. It's a perk of living in Hawaii. I wrote a really yummy, well-calculated post about a Raspberry Oatmeal Smoothie that has be pinned hundreds of times on Pinterest. Well, this smoothie recipe is a little different… it's my Kitchen Sink Smoothie. Basically, if we've got it, it's going in the blender. Except for bananas, I'm allergic.
Here's what we normally have, that I use in this smoothie:

-Almond Milk
-Some kind of juice
-Ice
-Peanut Butter
-Honey (mine comes from the Big Island)
-Frozen Raspberries and Pineapple
-Ivy's leftover Strawberries and apple pieces that she doesn't finish
-Stevia (don't overuse!)
-Frozen Basil from my friend's garden (Thanks Bethany!)
-Green Super Food powder in Orange Dreamsicle flavor
-And a couple chocolate chips… for my own sanity

No measurements, just eyeball 'em. What do you put in your smoothies? Do you calculate it carefully, or just toss it all in? 

Happy Saturday! Aloha, Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!