Monday, January 28, 2013

Valentine's Day Past...

I shared some fun V-Day projects in 2012, and since I'm not motivated to make more V-Day projects this year, I'll re-share them. After all, how much valentine's bunting can someone have? 2 sets are good enough for me :)

Using a $6 canvas, my current "it" fabric, (which I've used on the no-sew tin and the pillow cover), some Modge Podge, scrapbook paper and a great new font, I made this for my husband, Kit, last year. It has been pinned over and over since last year, so I'm kind of stoked on that!






This is where Kit decided it should live:

It's on a shiloh-colored shelf (which matches the desk and mirror in this post), next to Kit's side of the bed. That's his grandfather's watch in front of it. He passed away in August 2010. Our friend from Slovenia took those pics of Ivy last April and he and his girlfriend had them framed for us. (The one on the right ended up in a Slovenian catalog!!) The ceramic dog is one of Kit's high school art projects.

I like the shine of the Modge Podge. And you can see the brush strokes.



#2- V-DAY BUNTING:

I made a full size version of this heart bunting, and then a mini version.





Aloha means love!







To get in the Valentine's Day spirit last year, I decided to make some Heart Garlands. I first started making garlands when I came across this post from www.danamadeit.com last Fall. MADE is the first blog I ever followed! Search "garland" on her blog and a ton of posts will come up. 

I bought a $0.26 sheet of red felt and a mistake pink felt the other day at Walmart, then dug out the white felt from Christmas. Then I started cutting out hearts. 

 For the edges of the garland, (to tie it to something), I used this vintage ribbon that has adorable little hearts and flowers on it. 

 It's so simple to make... you just sew across the felt.



 Then I hung it in Ivy's room, in front of one of her windows.




It's right behind her butterfly mobile that used to be above her crib, and is now above her big girl bed.



I liked it so much, I wanted to make a head wreath for Ivy... a.k.a. a haku lei here in Hawaii... out of felt hearts. Hahahaha. I figured, she's 2 years old, I can get her to wear it at this age. 

 I twisted the angles of the hearts to go sideways.

She loved it. And wore it all night at dinner at Ruby Tuesdays. ALL NIGHT.




And that's it for my past V-Day posts.
Happy Valentine's Day!

--Becca

2 comments:

  1. That's what is great about making so many from past years ... it gives you a break on the years you decide to not do anything...Haha :)

    Thank you for sharing you favorite post with Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured :)

    xoxo
    Lanaya
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the date gift you have Kit, it is so perfect. I think I might have to try my hand at one for Marc's valentines gift this year. I also love the heart crown, so cute!

    Thank you for linking up to Raising Imperfection!
    Make sure to check back on Friday to see if you were featured.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!